Cranberry-Orange Fruit Smoothies – Cranberries are paired with a sweet, juicy orange and Greek yogurt to make a healthy, refreshing smoothie.
Cranberries are a low-calorie nutritional powerhouse, with only 45 calories per cup. They’re high in Vitamin C and fiber, and are one of the highest anti-oxidant containing fruit out there. Oranges add their own nutritional perks to this smoothie. They’re a good source of folate and potassium and a very good source of Vitamin C and fiber. Put these two together and you have a healthy, great tasting smoothie.
The orange adds enough sweetness to offset the tart taste of the cranberries and eliminating the need for any added sweeteners. Frozen bananas provide a creamy base and help balance the sweet orange with tart cranberries. Everyone at the Dittmer place enjoyed this healthy, refreshing smoothie. I hope you do too!
What’s your favorite cranberry recipe? Leave your ideas in the comments below – I’d love to hear them. If you’ve enjoyed this post please consider sharing it on Facebook or Twitter. I’d also love to meet you on Twitter or Pinterest. Please connect with me here: Follow @MarieTDittmerRD or Pinterest.
Cranberries and oranges pair together to make a healthy, delicious and refreshing fruit smoothie.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 c. frozen cranberries, rinsed
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 c. non-fat Greek yogurt
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Drop peeled and sectioned orange into blender with the 1/2 c. cranberries. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add frozen banana (I freeze mine divided into small sections so they're easier to blend). Continue to pulse together until banana is mixed in.
- Blend Greek yogurt into fruit mixture.
- Add ice cubes and blend to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately. Makes about 2 cups.
You May Also Enjoy These: