Cranberry-Orange Fruit Smoothies – Cranberries are paired with a sweet, juicy orange and Greek yogurt to make a healthy, refreshing smoothie.
It’s smoothie time again! Since the cranberries in my freezer have been begging to be used in something I pulled them out and paired them with a sweet, juicy orange to make a healthy, refreshing smoothie. It’s a simple recipe with only four ingredients . . . okay, five if you count the ice cubes. All it takes is cranberries, an orange, a frozen banana, and plain non-fat Greek yogurt – no added sugar or honey needed here. It’s sweet enough as it is. You won’t find anything like this at Orange Julius or Jamba Juice. And it’s healthy.
Cranberries are a low-calorie nutritional powerhouse, with only 45 calories per cup. They’re high in Vitamin C and fiber, and are one of the highest anti-oxidant containing fruit out there. Oranges add their own nutritional perks to this smoothie. They’re a good source of folate and potassium and a very good source of Vitamin C and fiber. Put these two together and you have a healthy, great tasting smoothie.
The orange adds enough sweetness to offset the tart taste of the cranberries and eliminating the need for any added sweeteners. Frozen bananas provide a creamy base and help balance the sweet orange with tart cranberries. Everyone at the Dittmer place enjoyed this healthy, refreshing smoothie. I hope you do too!
What’s your favorite cranberry recipe? Leave your ideas in the comments below – I’d love to hear them. If you’ve enjoyed this post please consider sharing it on Facebook or Twitter.
Cranberries and oranges pair together to make a healthy, delicious and refreshing fruit smoothie.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 c. frozen cranberries, rinsed
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 c. non-fat Greek yogurt
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Drop peeled and sectioned orange into blender with the 1/2 c. cranberries. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add frozen banana (I freeze mine divided into small sections so they're easier to blend). Continue to pulse together until banana is mixed in.
- Blend Greek yogurt into fruit mixture.
- Add ice cubes and blend to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately. Makes about 2 cups.