Blueberry Banana Smoothies – Healthy, easy, and quick to prepare, it’s a refreshing treat after a morning run or an afternoon in the hot sun.
Do you like blueberries? I do! And I hope to find some this year when they’re in season and get them into the freezer for those months when fresh blueberries are beyond the reach of my wallet. My family loves them too – just look for the blue lips and teeth after snacking on a bowl of these blue morsels – especially the frozen ones. Fresh or frozen, it doesn’t matter. They’ll eat them. Who wouldn’t? Blueberries are sweet, juicy and packed with fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. All that definitely makes them a healthy snack choice – and a great smoothie starter too!
In fact, this Blueberry Banana Smoothie is a family favorite for a morning breakfast or afternoon snack. Healthy, easy, and quick to prepare it’s a refreshing treat after a morning run or an afternoon in the hot sun.
How to make this Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Prep ahead and freeze some bananas. Anytime you have some bananas that are a little too ripe for you, go ahead and freeze them for your smoothies. Just peel, cut or break into chunks, toss them into a freezer bag, seal, and freeze.
- Put the frozen bananas into a blender, add a little milk and blend it together. I have a 1000 watt Ninja blender that works great for this.
- Now add the frozen blueberries (frozen wild blueberries are my favorite), Greek yogurt, and honey – along with more milk if needed. Blend it all together and you have a blueberry banana smoothie!
I may be compensated through affiliate links in this post. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will receive an affiliate commission. And that helps with expenses to keep this blog going! As always, all opinions are my own and I only recommend products I truly believe in. Thanks for supporting Healthy Ideas Place!
- 2 bananas cut into 2 in. chunks and frozen
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- 2 1/4 c. frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt
- Place frozen banana chunks and 1/4 c. skim milk into blender and blend until only a few small chunks remain.
- Add blueberries, honey, Greek yogurt, and remaining milk. Blend again until smooth or desired consistency, scraping sides occasionally.
- Pour into glasses, top with a few more berries and serve!
- Makes about 3 c.
This post updated with new photos May 14, 2019.