Easy Mini Frittatas are great for breakfast, providing a variety of vitamins and minerals (like iron), and a high quality protein that satisfies your hunger and keeps you full all morning. Easy and delicious!
Basketball season is always a super busy time for my family, which makes quick and easy recipes a valuable commodity in our home. So I’m popping in here today to share with you an incredibly easy recipe: Easy Mini Frittatas. If you have eggs, sour cream, shredded cheese, and broccoli (or any type of vegetable you have hanging around in your refrigerator) you can make these.
Mini frittatas are great for breakfast. Eggs provide carotenoids, a variety of vitamins and minerals (like iron), and a high quality protein that satisfies your hunger and keeps you full all morning. Just whisk the ingredients together, pop them in the oven, and finish getting ready for your day while they bake. Twenty minutes later you have these wonderfully delicious frittatas. Pair them with a slice of whole grain toast and fresh fruit for a filling, nourishing breakfast for your family.
This recipe makes 12 mini frittatas. If you have leftovers, just refrigerate them and reheat in the microwave for breakfast the next morning.
[Tweet “Try some Easy Mini Frittatas for a filling and satisfying breakfast! Easy and delicious!”]
Here’s the recipe:
Easy Mini Frittatas
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 c. sour cream use low fat sour cream or Greek yogurt to reduce calories
- 1/2 c. plus 2 Tbsp. shredded cheese
- 1/2 c. chopped broccoli or any vegetable of your preference - cut into small chunks
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F and spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick pan spray.
- Pre-cook broccoli in microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Whisk or stir together all ingredients (reserving 2 Tbsp. of shredded cheese) in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with about 1/4 c. of the egg mixture. Top each with a little of the reserved cheese.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of one muffin cup. It should come out clean when eggs are done.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!