Breakfast Burrito with Eggs, Tomato, and Avocado makes a healthy and satisfying breakfast filled with high quality protein, healthy fats, and tasty veggies.
My breakfast on most mornings consists of Greek yogurt and fruit – sometimes with a little granola added for crunch. Add a cup of coffee and I’m set for the morning. But sometimes I crave something with a little more flavor and substance, like eggs with a southwest flair.
This breakfast burrito with eggs, tomato, and avocado topped with fresh cilantro fulfills that craving. I also added some of my Southwest Seasoning for a little kick. You can add more for more intense heat, leave it out if you want, or even add other seasonings. However you choose to season it, this breakfast burrito makes a quick, healthy, and satisfying breakfast. It’s filled with protein-rich eggs and cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and avocado. Salsa and fresh cilantro top it off. And it’s wrapped with a whole grain tortilla for added fiber.
A nourishing breakfast consists of high quality protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, along with healthy fats. When you make this breakfast burrito with eggs, tomato, and avocado you’ll have just that . . . along with lots of flavor to start your day. Scroll down for the recipe!
Breakfast Burrito with Eggs, Tomato, and Avocado
- 1/2 Roma tomato diced
- 1/8 avocado sliced or diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. milk
- 1/8 tsp. Southwest seasoninig *see note
- 1/2 tsp. olice oil
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 tsp. salsa
- Prepare toppings by dicing tomato and slicing or dicing avocado.
- Beat egg with milk and Southwest seasoning.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in small skillet and saute onion until tender. Pour eggs into skillet and cook just until done, stirring constantly.
- Remove eggs from stove top and spoon onto the whole wheat tortilla. Top with tomatoes, avocado, cheese, salsa, and cilantro.
- Fold in edges of tortilla to form a wrap. Enjoy!