Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day, because after 10 hours or so without food I’m hungry. When I can find fresh berries on sale one of my favorite choices for a delicious, healthy breakfast is this Triple-Berry Greek Yogurt Parfait.
The recipe calls for non-fat Greek yogurt, homemade granola, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries, but you can use any kind of berry that you would like. They’re a healthy addition to yogurt since most berries are high in antioxidants and other essential nutrients. Greek yogurt is higher in protein than regular yogurt – a nice bonus for breakfast, but it’s a bit tart for my taste, even with the berries. So I usually end up sweetening it with honey. This time, however, I opted for Blue Agave syrup, which worked just as well as the honey to sweeten it.To get the vanilla flavor I mixed in some vanilla bean paste I got from my sister for Christmas. She found it at Spiceology in Tulsa, and I love it. It adds a full vanilla flavor and the flecks of vanilla bean look nice in the white yogurt. The amount of sweetener and vanilla I list below are starting points. Taste it after you add them in and if you want it sweeter, add a little more.
Are you a fan of breakfast? Do you like Greek yogurt mixed with berries? Let me know in the comments below. If you’ve enjoyed this post please consider sharing it on Facebook or Twitter. I’d also love to meet you on Twitter or Pinterest. Please connect with me here: Follow @MarieTDittmerRD or Pinterest.
Greek yogurt, berries, and granola taste great together in this healthy triple-berry Greek yogurt parfait. Try it for breakfast.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1/2 c. plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 3/4 tsp. Blue Agave syrup
- 1/4 c. blackberries
- 1/4 c. slice strawberries
- 1/4 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp. homemade granola
- Mix vanilla bean paste and Blue Agave syrup into the Greek yogurt, taste, and adjust sweetener and vanilla to your taste.
- In a tall glass put about a tablespoon of the yogurt on the bottom. Add a layer of berries and sprinkle a little granola on top.
- Repeat layers until the glass is full, ending with granola on top.