Raspberry Muffins – A summertime treat filled to the brim with sweet raspberries, a hint of lemon, and nourishing whole grains.
It’s been one of those days. I have a raspberry muffin recipe to share today and the words just won’t come. I’ve tried about a dozen different openers, all to no avail. They didn’t work. It felt choppy and forced. I should have told about the raspberries in my fridge threatening to go bad if I didn’t use them soon, or about how healthy raspberries are – filled with fiber and vitamin C, or how they add a beautiful red color and sweet, yet tangy, flavor to the muffin.
Of course, I could have mentioned how I switched out some of the all-purpose flour for white whole wheat flour, oatmeal, and flax-seed meal – all in an effort to make a tasty and healthier muffin. But the words wouldn’t flow.
Perhaps I should have mentioned that my kids like these raspberry muffins. That says a lot when you consider I have four kids (three teens and one tween), two of which are on the picky side. It’s not easy finding something they will all eat. But these muffins are a summertime treat filled to the brim with sweet raspberries, a hint of lemon, and nourishing whole grains. They’re delicious!
Whatever the case or cause, I simply have writer’s block today. Here it is, a recipe for raspberry muffins: – adapted from a recipe at Julia’s Album. Make them tonight and have them for breakfast tomorrow. . . if you can wait that long. Enjoy!
These muffins are moist, filled with raspberries and hint of lemon. Delicious!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 c. fresh raspberries
- 1 c. plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1 c. white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. oatmeal
- 2 Tbsp. flax-seed meal
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 2/3 c. non-fat Greek yogurt
- 6 Tbsp. skim milk
- 2 tsp. turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash raspberries and let drain in a colander while you prepare the muffin batter.
- Combine 1 c. all-purpose flour, white whole wheat flour, oatmeal, flax-seed meal, sugar, salt, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir to distribute ingredients evenly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, lemon zest, yogurt, and milk.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the liquid mixture into the dry. Stir till dry ingredients are all moistened. Batter will be thick, but that's okay.
- Toss raspberries with 2 Tbsp. flour and then gently fold into the batter.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Top each muffin with a sprinkling of turbinado sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Makes 17-18 muffins.
You May Also Enjoy These: