Seasoned with lemon, garlic, and dill, Baked Salmon with Lemon-Dill Sauce is nourishing, heart healthy, delicious, and quick and easy to prepare.
A lot of things change in three years’ time. Little kids become teenagers. Teenagers graduate, go to college, and become young adults now planning their wedding. Job changes, new drivers, new vehicles. We go from a dinner table serving six, to one sometimes serving seven and others times four people.
Healthy Ideas Place has changed too. In three and half years, I’ve added a number of recipes and taken hundreds of pictures of food. I first published today’s recipe for Baked Salmon with Lemon-Dill Sauce three and a half years ago. Yet, while the recipe itself hasn’t changed much, I hadn’t published it in printable format and my photos have changed a lot. Making it printable was easy, and time, experience, and advice from others have helped me improve my photos. I still have a long way to go, but felt it was time for an update of this recipe.
This is one of our family favorites. When we have salmon on the menu, this is the recipe my family asks for. It’s seasoned with olive oil, garlic, dill, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice, and then baked to perfection. What’s the result? A tender and flavorful main dish that also provides a good dose of protein and heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids. You really can’t go wrong with adding salmon to your menu – nourishing, heart healthy, delicious; and it’s quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb. salmon
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry. Place fish in baking dish and season with fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, white wine, olive oil, garlic, dill weed, and kosher salt. Pour over salmon. Sprinkle lemon zest evenly over the salmon. Place lemon slices on salmon, if desired.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Larger and thicker cuts of salmon will take longer to finish cooking.
- Remove from oven when finished and serve immediately.
You May Also Enjoy These: