Welcome to the Healthy Ideas Place weekly menu! If you’re wondering what’s for dinner, there are some great looking recipes on the menu this week. Two of these are slow cooker meals that I think sound delicious and want to try. On the weekend, I’m planning to make my family’s favorite salmon dish. – no slow cooker needed for that. But during the week, slow cookers can be so helpful.
Meal Prep Tip: Plan to have a slow cooker meal or two during the week to help alleviate the time crunch at dinner.
I like slow cooker meals for weeknight meals, don’t you? I can have supper started before I leave for the day and come home to a warm, already cooked (or at least mostly) cooked meal. Most of the time I can add in a quick salad or vegetable to round out the meal. On a busy day, that takes a lot of pressure off of making dinner when I get home. What’s more, I’m less likely to go the easy route and eat out or order out. As a result, I save money by not eating out. And I’m more likely to get a well-balanced meal. I’d say those are great reasons to use a slow cooker for weeknight meals.
Here’s what’s for dinner at Healthy Ideas Place this week:
- Monday: Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Bowls (from My Cape Cod Kitchen), Fresh fruit
- Tuesday: Pesto Shrimp and Broccoli Bowl, Whole Grain Noodles, Sliced Apples
- Wednesday: Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa (from The Real Food Dietitians), Coleslaw
- Thursday: Honey Garlic Pork Chops (from Happy Home Fairy), Couscous, Green Salad
- Friday: Leftovers
- Saturday: Out
- Sunday: Baked Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce, Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower, Herbed Rice