Warm Tzatziki Chicken Wraps
Warm Tzatziki Chicken Wrap - Healthy and easy to make chicken wrap recipe with wonderful Mediterranean flavors like lemon, sumac, and thyme. Delicious!
Servings: 4 Serves 4 to 5
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice or juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme 1 tsp. dried
- 1 tsp. each dried sumac and oregano
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 2 c. grape tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic sliced thin
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 sweet onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint more if you'd like some for a garnish
- 2 c. lightly packed baby spinach
- Whole grain tortilla or flatbread wraps
- Tzatziki sauce - about 1 Tbsp. per wrap
For the filling
Place sliced chicken in medium-sized bowl and stir in cornstarch till all pieces are coated. Add lemon juice, thyme, sumac, oregano, salt, black pepper, and garam masala. Mix well and set aside.
Place grape tomatoes into a small bowl and add the sliced garlic and 1 tsp. of olive oil, stirring to mix well.
Heat the remaining 2 1/2 tsp. oil over medium to medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet that has a cover. Do not cover. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, about 3 to 4 minutes. Push to one side and add pepper strips and onion slices. Continue cooking another 2-3 minutes, gradually mixing everything together in the pan.
Stir in mint, grape tomatoes and garlic and cook until tomatoes and slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes. Spread spinach on top of the chicken/vegetable mixture. Cover and remove from heat. Let sit 2 minutes, then remove cover and gently fold everything together.
To make the wraps
For each wrap, spread about 1 Tbsp. Tzatziki sauce on the wrap. Add desired amount of the chicken and vegetable filling. Starting at about 1 inch from the bottom, fold in the tortilla wrap, then starting on one adjoining side, roll the wrap together. Serve immediately.