Easy Grilled Zucchini with Fresh Herbs
Easy Grilled Zucchini with Fresh Herbs - One of the easiest vegetables to grill, zucchini is sliced, seasoned with fresh herbs or dried herbs, and cooked to perfection on the grill.
- 2 small to medium zucchini squash
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Wash and dry zucchini, and cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices, cutting at an angle. Make sure slices are cut to a uniform width. Place in large bowl.
Add in fresh (or dried) herbs, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix together thoroughly until herbs are evenly spread throughout the zucchini.
Pour zucchini and herbs into a grill basket and place on preheated grill that's been turned to low to medium-low. Grill for 8-10 minutes, shaking or stirring every 2 minutes until fork tender and zucchini slices are slightly charred.
Remove from grill. Serve immediately.
- If fresh herbs are not available, substitute one teaspoon dried herbs for each tablespoon fresh herbs, i.e. 1 tsp. dried oregano instead of 1 tbsp. fresh oregano.
- To grill without a grill basket, wrap prepared zucchini and herbs in foil and grill as directed, but flipping every 2 minutes instead of stirring. It will be more difficult to judge if the zucchini is done with this method, but will still taste good!