What’s for dinner this week? Well, with the bone chilling cold where I live, nothing sounds better than a warm bowl of homemade soup. This week’s menu calls for soup on Monday and Sunday evening. Homemade chicken noodle soup comes up first with a delicious vegetable soup ending the week. These are not your bought in a store canned variety. We’re talking hearty, vegetable filled, flavorful soups.
Meal Prep Tip: Use up leftover vegetables and meats by adding them to homemade soup.
Besides all that deliciousness, soup is an easy way to add variety to your meals and use up leftover vegetables and meats. You can also tailor the spices and herbs to fit your own tastes. Just add in your favorite salad or sandwich to round out your meal. Have you ever made soup at home? Let me know your favorite in the comments below!
Here’s what’s for dinner at Healthy Ideas Place this week:
- Monday: Homemade chicken noodle soup, fresh whole grain bread, Spinach and Orzo Salad
- Tuesday: Tuna salad in whole wheat pita, carrot and celery sticks, fresh fruit
- Wednesday: Slow Cooker Roasted Turkey Breast (from The Spruce Eats), Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, carrots
- Thursday: Healthy Chicken Stir-fry (from Wholefully), brown rice
- Friday: Homemade pizza, green salad
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Panini Sandwiches, The Yummiest Vegetable Soup (from Hummusapien)