If you have some leftover grilled chicken this recipe is a treat for the taste buds. I love the trio of tomato-mango salsa, guacamole, and diced grilled chicken. It makes a fresh tasting chicken salad.
Put it in a whole-grain wrap and you have a healthy, tasty lunch filled with all kinds of nutrients. Or try it in pita bread, or whole-grain flatbread. Whatever you use to hold it, this makes a nice change from the standard mayonnaise filled chicken salad.
What are your favorite healthy wrap fillings? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below!
So let’s just get to it. Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
Chicken salad made with tomato - mango salsa fills a whole-grain wrap for a delicious, healthy lunch.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2/3 c. diced grilled chicken breast
- 3/4 c. tomato-mango salsa
- 1/4 c. shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbsp. guacamole
- In a small bowl mix together the diced chicken breast, salsa, and shredded low-fat cheese.
- Smear 1 Tbsp. guacamole on half of each wrap, making sure it's spread to the edge of one side.
- Place one lettuce leaf (I use romaine) on each wrap, slightly off-center.
- Spread 1/2 c. prepared chicken salad on each wrap on top of the lettuce.
- Fold in two opposite sides of each wrap about 1 inch (not the side with the guacamole)
- Starting at the edge with no guacamole, roll the wrap together. The guacamole adds flavor, but also helps to hold the wrap together.
- Slice in half and serve immediately.