Enjoy the flavors of pesto, roasted red pepper, spinach, and chicken in this quick and easy naan pizza!
If you’re in the mood for pizza – good pizza – but don’t feel like ordering out or going the frozen route, I’ve got you covered. This Roasted Red Pepper, Chicken, and Spinach Naan Pizza is a breeze to make and super delicious. It’s perfect when you want a quick and easy, but flavorful lunch or dinner meal.
How to make it:
- For the crust, I use naan flatbread. It makes a nice base and has lots of flavor.
- Garlicky pesto sauce comes next. Just spread a light layer on top of the naan bread. And it’s okay if you have a little more in the small pockets of the naan bread; it gives a burst of pesto flavor when you bite into one.
- Next top it with a layer of fresh baby spinach. I use a lot of spinach, but you can cut back on it if you want.
- On the spinach place the chicken and roasted red pepper strips.
- Top the whole thing with shredded mozzarella. Bake for about 10 minutes and you have a terrific pizza all ready to eat.
See what I mean? Super easy to make, and quick if you do some advance meal prep and shop wisely.
Time Saving Tips:
- Naan flatbread: I used a large naan flatbread (store bought) instead of making my own crust. While I love a thin homemade crust, naan bread makes a delicious crust when I don’t have time to make my own. Plus, it’s already baked. All that’s needed is the toppings. And one large piece is enough for two servings.
- Pesto: While marinara sauce is often the choice for pizza, I mixed it up this time and used pesto. The basil, garlic, and olive oil give this pizza so much flavor you’ll want to use it on all your pizzas! Use store-bought pesto for the greatest time savings. Or try making your own. Not sure how? Take a look at my Basil Pesto recipe here. It’s easy to freeze and use later too.
- Spinach: I almost always have a small bag of pre-washed baby spinach in my fridge. It’s super easy to find in the store. Just measure how the amount you need and add it to your pizza. Even if you choose to wash it first, it won’t take much longer.
- Chicken: There are three ways to save time here. First, you can buy precooked/grilled chicken breast strips at most any grocery these days. All you have to do is put it on the pizza. Second, you can plan this naan pizza for when you have leftover chicken from another meal. All you have to do is cut it up and put it on the pizza. The third option is prepping ahead by batch cooking some chicken to use for later – like on this naan pizza. Just thaw and add it to your toppings. See how to batch cook chicken here.
- Roasted red pepper: While it’s not difficult to make your own roasted red pepper, it’s much easier to buy a jar of them already prepared. If you buy the strips, just place on the pizza before cooking. If it’s halves, you’ll just need to slice the half into strips and then use the strips to top the pizza.
- Shredded mozzarella: I like shredding mozzarella cheese myself when I’m making pizza, but if I’m in a time crunch, my fall back is pre-shredded cheese. It saves a lot of time and still tastes delicious on the pizza.
This Roasted Red Pepper, Chicken, and Spinach Naan Pizza is easily one of my favorites. The pesto, roasted red pepper, chicken and spinach all complement one another in flavor and texture. Silky and sweet roasted red peppers sit on top of garlicky pesto along with chicken and spinach. Topped with shredded mozzarella, this makes a filling, delicious lunch or dinner option for two.
I may be compensated through affiliate links in this post. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will receive an affiliate commission. And that helps with expenses to keep this blog going! As always, all opinions are my own and I only recommend products I truly believe in. Thanks for supporting Healthy Ideas Place!
Roasted Red Pepper, Chicken, and Spinach Naan Pizza
- 1 large naan flatbread or two small naan flatbread
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
- 1/2 c. lightly packed baby spinach
- 2 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and sliced about 1/2 cup
- 1/3 c. roasted red pepper strips
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Place naan flatbread on cookie sheet.
- Spread the pesto on top of the naan bread. Top with spinach, chicken, an roasted red pepper, finishing with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Put in oven and bake for 9 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and pizza is heated through. Remove from oven and serve immediately.