It’s midsummer and hot outside – really hot. Keeping cool and staying hydrated on these hot days is important. And that can be challenging if you’re not inclined to drink water regularly during the day. A refreshing way to add interest to your water is to flavor it. One of my favorites is mint water. It’s healthy. It’s refreshing. And best of all, it’s easy to make!
I usually grow several different kinds of mint each year and combine them to make a mint infused water. Here’s how:
1. Select a large handful of leaves from your favorite mint plant. I used a combination of chocolate mint, apple mint, and mint mojito. Wash thoroughly. Slightly bruise or tear the leaves and place on clean square of cheesecloth.
2. Tie with a clean length of kitchen string.
3. Place in a clean glass pitcher or jar and fill with cold water. Cover tightly and place in the fridge overnight or place outside in the sun in a safe location. I usually place mine on the front porch and let it sit for a couple of hours in the hot sun.
4. Bring inside and serve immediately over ice, or chill in the fridge untill ready to serve. Plan to use it within a day or two.
5. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!