Grilled Peaches with Honey and Lemon Yogurt Sauce – Get your grill on for some grilled fruit with this super easy recipe for grilled peaches. Served with a honey and lemon yogurt sauce, it’s a decadent, healthy dessert option.
Have you ever tried grilled peaches? If you haven’t yet, you should! Though my favorite way to eat peaches is fresh, I’ve come to really like them prepared on the grill and topped with a honey and lemon yogurt sauce. And that’s the recipe I’m sharing today!
Like any grilled fruit, grilling brings out the sweetness of the peach and leaves you with a decadent healthy dessert option. Peaches are naturally low in calories, fat, and saturated fat; and they’re filled with nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and fiber.
Grilling can also bring the best out of a not-so-good peach. We’ve all had that experience of biting into a piece of peach and tasting, well, nothing. Or finding that you picked out a mealy peach at the store. Flavorless peaches, mealy peaches . . . they can both be improved by grilling them. So, don’t throw them away. Try making grilled peaches instead. You’ll be glad you did!
Grilled peaches are also easy to prepare and quick to make. There you have it: easy, quick, and delicious – three words I like to hear for any recipe. Are you ready to try them now? Here are a few tips on how to grill peaches:
Tips for Grilled Peaches:
- Make sure your grill grates are clean before grilling.
- Brush both the cut side and outside of each peach half with oil so it doesn’t stick to the grill grates quite so much.
- Try different types of oil for different flavors. I used an orange olive oil, but any kind of good cooking oil would work.
- Try using different spices to see which you like better. I used cinnamon, but ginger or cardamom would be good too!
Grilled Peaches with Honey and Lemon Yogurt Sauce
for the sauce
- 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Fresh lemon zest for garnish if desired
for the grilled peaches
- 2 fresh peaches washed, cut in half and pit removed
- 1 Tbsp. orange olive oil or oil of choice
- 1/2-1 tsp. cinnamon
- Balsamic vinegar for garnish if desired
- To make the yogurt sauce, combine Greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey, and vanilla. Stir well and keep refrigerated. Reserve lemon zest for garnish when serving.
- To grill the peaches, make sure grill grates are clean. Pre-heat grill and oil the grates while preparing peaches.
- Cut both peaches in half and remove the pit. Place cut side up on a plate and brush each half lightly with oil, being sure to cover both the cut side and the outside of the peach. Sprinkle cut sides with cinnamon.
- Place peach halves, cut side down, on grill grates. Close lid and grill on low heat for about 4 minutes. Open lid and carefully lift peaches from the grates and flip so the outside of the peach is on the grates. Close lid and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes or until peaches are softened but not mushy.
- Remove from grill and cook slightly.
- To serve, drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on the bottom of 4 dessert plates. Place one peach half on each plate. Top each with a dollop of the honey and lemon yogurt sauce and sprinkle lemon on top. Serve immediately.