Did you know August is Kids Eat Right Month? It’s a good month for that since many families now shift their focus from summer activities to getting kids ready to go back to school; and part of that encompasses planning for meals and snacks. This is an opportune time to incorporate healthy choices in your family’s meals and snacks. I have a round-up of healthy snacks options for you today. These recipes come from some fantastic dietitian bloggers (many of them are moms too). Take a moment to visit their sites and try some of their favorite kid-friendly healthy snacks. Enjoy!
Bites, Bars, Muffins, and More . . .
- Hidden Honey Bars – Jenna from Make Healthy Easy
- Blueberry Yogurt Muffins – Katie from Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins – Lauren from Nutrition Starring You
- Chocolate Pecan Love Bites (Gluten-free) – E.a. Stewart from The Spicy RD
- Pumpkin Energy Balls – Wendie from the Pantry Doctor
- Sunny Granola Bars – Carolina from Once Again Nut Butter
- Fruited Yogurt Oat Mini Muffins – Heather of Heather Goesch Nutrition
- Sweet Potato Banana Bites – Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean
- Apple and Peanut Butter Snack Bites – Amber from Homemade Nutrition
Fruit and More . . .
- Peaches & Cream Popsicles – Marie of Healthy Ideas Place
- Watermelon Pizza – Emily of RDN Mommy
- Vegan Chocolate Tofu Banana Mousse – Layne from World RD
- Strawberry Banana Fruit Smoothies – Marie from Healthy Ideas Place
- Apple Peanut Butter Cut Out Sandwiches – Kristen from 360 Family Nutrition
- Strawberry Yogurt Pops – Katie of Healthy Bites
- Watermelon Dippers with Honey Vanilla Yogurt Sauce – Katie of Mom to Mom Nutrition
S’mores, Veggies, Mixes and More . . .
- Blueberry Banana S’mores – Liz of Meal Makeover Moms’ Kitchen
- Homemade Snack Mix – Katie of Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Easy Cucumber Bites – Marie of Healthy Ideas Place
- Apple Cheddar Bagel Chips – Caroline of CarolineKaufman.com
- Healthy “Ice Cream” Sandwiches – Brittany of Your Choice Nutrition
- Peanut Butter Smiley Faces – Liz of Meal Makeover Moms’ Kitchen
- Veggie & Bean Quinoa Bites – Jessica of Nutritioulicious
Thanks for visiting and taking a look at these kid-friendly healthy snacks! I’d love it – and really appreciate it – if you’d pin, tweet, or share this post in one way or another.
Thank you so much for including me in the round up!! All of these recipes look great!
Thanks, Katie. They do all look great don’t they? Have a great day!
What a great round up! I think these even apply to college students- I will be sure to share with them at work! Thanks Marie!
Yes! College students for sure. Thanks for sharing!
Such a great roundup! I’ll definitely be sharing. Thanks for including my apple cheddar bagel chips! 🙂
Thank you! The apple cheddar bagel chips look so yummy!
Great round up, Marie. I think everyone needs all the help they can get with fresh ideas for the upcoming busy months! Sharing 🙂
Have a fabulous week 🙂