Easy Cucumber Bites are quick, healthy, and just right as a snack or for sharing with friends.
I find summer gatherings with friends to be fun, filled with good conversation, good company, and good food. While I often need to bring a food item to share, I do not want to spend a lot of time working over a hot stove in the warm summer months or putting together something complicated. I like to look for something simple, but healthy.
These Easy Cucumber Bites fit the bill for just that. They are quick and easy to make, healthy, and pleasing to the palette. All it takes is a cucumber, grape tomatoes, hummus, cilantro, and sesame seed.
I used an English cucumber for this recipe, but any kind will do. You can choose to peel it completely or leave strips of peeling around the cucumber. It’s entirely up to you. Slice the cucumber into ¼-inch slices and cover each slice with your favorite hummus. I like to use roasted red pepper hummus on these, but my Easy Avocado Hummus would work too if you wanted more of a southwest or Mexican flavor. Arrange cilantro leaves or chopped cilantro on the hummus, finish with a slice of grape tomato and toasted sesame seeds on each slice.
Easy Cucumber Bites are an ideal appetizer or snack in the summer months when fresh vegetables are in abundance in your garden, CSA, or local farmer’s market. But they work just as well other times of the year as the ingredients are readily available year round in most supermarkets. Enjoy!
Easy Cucumber Bites
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 c. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1/4 c. Fresh cilantro
- 12 Grape tomatoes sliced cross-wise into 3 or 4 slices each
- 1/2 tsp. Toasted sesame seed
- Peel cucumber, leaving strips of peeling on the long side of the cucumber if desired. Slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- Spread 1/2 tsp. of hummus on each cucumber slice.
- Arrange cilantro leaves on the hummus or sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Top each slice with a slice of grape tomato and garnish with a pinch of sesame seed.
- Serve immediately.