When it comes to preparing meals for you and your family, what are two factors, besides nutrition, that matter most to you? For me, it’s time and complexity. Give me a nourishing recipe that’s simple to make and doesn’t take much time, and you have a winner.
That’s what I like about this Chicken Snow Pea Skillet. It’s also why I’m excited to share a new resource that features easy-to-make, quick recipes: The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook by Sarah Walker Caron. Sarah was gracious enough to give me a copy of her new cookbook and then let me share one of the recipes with my readers.
I may be compensated through affiliate links in this post. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will receive an affiliate commission. And that helps with expenses to keep this blog going! As always, all opinions are my own and I only recommend products I truly believe in. Thanks for supporting Healthy Ideas Place!
A mom of busy teens, Sarah knows what it’s like to try and cook nourishing meals when life is hectic and you have limited time to put a meal on the table. That’s why, in her new cookbook, she shares simple recipes with five ingredients or less and short cooking times. She doesn’t include unusual ingredients, but uses supplies most of us already have in our pantry.
My favorite part of this cookbook is that she also offers suggestions on how to change things around so you can make each recipe fit your family’s tastes and preferences. Don’t like broccoli in a certain recipe? Change it to asparagus, or something else. She even provides tips for making the recipes even easier.
I’ve already made a number of her recipes and this garlicky Chicken Snow Pea Skillet was one of my favorites. It’s quick, easy, and delicious.
How to Enter the Giveaway
The other fun part about today’s post is that to help Sarah celebrate the release of her new cookbook, I’m giving away a copy of her cookbook: The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook. To enter the giveaway just do one of the following:
- Leave a comment below and let me know your biggest struggle in preparing meals when you’re pressed for time. For example, is it prepping things ahead, having supplies on hand, not knowing what to cook, or something else?
- Go to my Facebook page and like or leave a comment on the giveaway post and follow me and Sarah on Facebook.
This giveaway is open only to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older. The giveaway ends Sunday, September 30 at 12 PM central time. A winner will be chosen at random and will receive a copy of The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook direct from the publisher.
And now for the Chicken Snow Pea Skillet recipe from The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook by Sarah Walker Caron. Reprinted with permission from Callisto Media. Enjoy!
Yields 4 servings
Easy, garlicky stir-fry of chicken and snow peas is quick, nourishing and delicious. Serve with rice or potatoes.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 c. snow peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 c. finely diced carrots
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, flour, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper until the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook until it is opaque on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes total.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the snow peas and carrots. Stir well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes more, stirring once.
- Uncover and stir. Taste, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Callisto Media.