Southwest Tuna Stuffed Mini Peppers – a healthy appetizer that’s easy to make but filled with flavor and touch of heat!
It seems everyone is in a hurry these days. No time to cook extensive meals or make our own desserts and appetizers. Thing is, homemade is always much better than store-bought. That means quick and easy are essential ingredients if you want to make something at home, but feel crunched for time. So, if you’re in need of a quick appetizer, I’ve got you covered today – Southwest Tuna Stuffed Mini Peppers.
These stuffed mini peppers don’t require a lot of effort, but deliver a tasty appetizer when you have guests coming over or need to bring something to a get-together with friends or family. Mini peppers are just the right size for finger food. And when you cut them in half, they’re perfect for stuffing with your favorite filling.
Tuna salad makes a great filling for these crunchy, colorful, and nourishing veggies. I’m not a big fan of mayonnaise, so I replaced the mayo with a mixture of Greek yogurt and extra-virgin olive oil for a slight boost in protein and a dose of healthy fats. I seasoned it with a little lime juice, cilantro, and southwest seasoning to give it a touch of heat. If you like it spicier, just add a little more southwest seasoning or even a shot of sriracha sauce. Enjoy!
Yields Serves 10-12 (2 halves per person)
Southwest Tuna Stuffed Mini Peppers - a healthy appetizer that's quick and easy to make, but filled with flavor and touch of heat!
- 7 oz. can tuna, drained
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. Southwest Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 10-12 mini-peppers, washed
- 1 Tbsp. queso fresco crumbling cheese (optional - for garnish)
- Place tuna in medium bowl. Add onion, Greek yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, southwest seasoning, kosher salt, and cilantro. Mix well.
- Leaving short stems on, cut mini peppers in half length-wise. Gently scrape out seeds.
- Stuff each mini-pepper half with a spoonful of tuna filling and place on serving plate. Sprinkle with crumbling cheese.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.